Black Friday and Cyber Monday contribute to - without a doubt - one of the busiest weekends in retail shopping. Customers flood stores both online and in person to take advantage of the deals that become available over the weekend. This year in particular, we were especially surprised to see how many people loved our free mug giveaway. We are ecstatic to have had so much interest in these cozy buffalo check mugs!
Following a busy weekend of shopping such as this, it’s important to reflect on our blessings and ability to provide for ourselves and loved ones. Giving Tuesday is a global movement following the Black Friday weekend which marks the "opening day of the giving season." It’s about giving back and bringing real change within local communities.
Rocky Mountain Flannel has been a part of the Bow Valley area ever since it first opened its doors in Canmore. Since moving to Banff, we’ve been so fortunate to experience what both towns have to offer. Our love extends through our beautiful communities within the Canadian rockies, and we couldn’t be more grateful to share our love while giving back where we can.
Banff is a thriving national park and in 1984, declared UNESCO World Heritage Site. Diverse crowds from all over the world come and go to visit our beautiful town; however, we are more than just a destination on the map. We are a strong community. And here at Rocky Mountain Flannel Company, we are proud of our humble little town in the mountains.
Because it’s Giving Tuesday, we wanted to reflect on our efforts to contribute to the Bow Valley communities. Some of our contributions include:
- Ongoing contributions to the SPCA - we LOVE animals. We stock our shelves with beautiful flannel bandanas and donate a portion of their sales to the Bow Valley SPCA.
- Cross Country Alberta Ski Team - one of our initiatives is our contribution to outdoor sports and activities, like our assistance to the Cross Country Alberta Ski Team.
- Golf Tournament for the Glen Sather - we were part of a collective helping raise $425k for the YWCA and Banff Community Foundation.
- Ongoing contributions to local charities.
- Participation in silent auctions.
Giving back to the community is something we focus on continually - year round. In light of Giving Tuesday, we wanted to take the time out to reflect on some of our contributions and encourage others to give back in any way that they can. Remember that giving needn't be monetary. With so many volunteer opportunities and events within the community, it's easy (and super rewarding) to contribute in any way you can.